Thursday, January 19, 2017

The World on a Pallet


I love it when a plan comes together.  I saw a map at the store the other day that I liked but it cost a million dollars.  When I looked at it online it cost a million dollars plus shipping and handling.  Yes I know I am over exaggerating but the price to me was a bit excessive.  I said to myself, self you could do that for way cheaper. 


So I turned this 


Into this


 I say that a lot but now with the new me and all my free time I figure why not try right?  And so I did and I am proud to see it turned out pretty awesome.  Even better is the fact it did not cost all that much to make.  Katie had a few extra pallets laying around Pecan Springs that came in from mulch and she let me have them for free.  I had the paint already and well off to work Marissa and I went.  It was fun time with mimosas and power tools lol.  The project itself took about 8 plus total hours and cost out of pocket maybe about $15 for two maps. I now plan to make a US one and a Texas one.  I just need the space lol.  Here are some of our progress and work photos for your viewing pleasure. 








No comments:

Post a Comment